Blockpass is constantly working on improving the quality of its services and products and is working towards increasing the range of accepted documents. If you would like to see some additional documents in this list - feel free to shout out to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll register your request.
Please note that this list is current on 12th May 2021, and is subject to change.
We shall accept and process any international passport that has all the standard features, such as, but not limited to:
- MRZ strip
- A photographic picture of passport's holder
For plastic card passports please use National Identity Card section.
National Identity Cards
|Benin||Bolivia||Bosnia and Herzegovina|
|Mauritius||Moldova, Republic of||Monaco|
|North Macedonia, Republic of||Norway|
|R||Romania||Russian Federation (Internal passport)||Rwanda|
|S||San Marino||Saudi Arabia||Senegal|
|Sint Maarten (Dutch part)||Slovakia||Slovenia|
|South Africa||South Korea||Spain|
|T||Taiwan||Tanzania, United Republic of||Thailand|
|Togo||Trinidad and Tobago||Turkey|
|U||Uganda||Ukraine||United Arab Emirates|
|U||United Kingdom||United States of America|
Types of accepted documents:
- Utility bill linked to the residential property, such as gas, electricity, water, internet, landline telephone
- Mobile phone bill
- Bank statement (current account, card)
- Credit card statements
- Statement from known regulated financial institution
- Bank reference letter
- Government issued document (e.g. tax return or any other government issued document including identity document) if valid
The requirements for above documents are as follows:
- Document must be issued within last 3 months (the exception to this is a government issued ID document)
- Document must show who the issuer is of the proof of address document
- Document must be issued in your name
- Document must show an address you are trying to verify
Other points to note:
- Documents that are edited/tampered will not be accepted (however you are free to redact transactionally confidential information such as transaction data from for e.g. a bank statement).
- Screenshots or photo of your computer screen monitor are accepted if readable.
- The picture of the document must show clearly all required information (Name, address, issue date and issuer of the proof of address).
- Do not worry if the image is a bit blurry as long as it is readable.
- If an ID document is provided as proof of address this will only be accepted if different to the Identity Document used for National ID/ Passport or Driving License Verification.
- Correspondence as a form of proof of address is not accepted.
- Handwritten documents are not accepted.
Language of the document. We will accept most languages in Cyrillic and Latin characters. Additionally, we accept documents in Chinese, Vietnamese and Japanese. Please only write in English your address in the input provided and ensure the translation is accurate before submitting. However please note any non-English languages may take longer to process and we may request you to re-submit certain details in native script for comparison purposes. Further, any errors in submission will delay the process.
Supported file formats
The proof of address must be an image .jpg or .png with a size less than 15MB
If your submitted document does not meet all above requirements, we will reject Proof of address and you need to re-submit another valid one. Therefore, please provide a document that meets all the above requirements.
Above are the Proof of Address requirements of Blockpass. It may be the case that the Business you are submitting your data to has other requirements that may apply. However, if the Business has accepted Blockpass rules for KYC then the following will apply.
When you are using Blockpass, your document is being checked twice. First time is when you scan it in order to extract your personal information (name, surname, date of birth, etc). Second time is when your document is being verified by our AI for authenticity.
In order to complete both checks, we require a high quality live picture of your Identity Document (passport, national identity card or driving license).
We strongly recommend using a smartphone when taking a picture of your Identity Document. If you are using our Web application on your laptop, you can click on the button "EMAIL ME A LINK". You will receive a link to your email address, and will be able to easily continue on your Smartphone by opening up that link.
Taking a picture that meets our requirements may sometimes be complicated, we know... So here are a few tips to help you through this process:
- Option to upload your ID document to Blockpass
Blockpass will not accept nor tolerate any attempts to upload your ID document to Blockpass. You will not be able to upload any ID document to Blockpass other than taking a LIVE picture of your ID document
- Image is cropped
Make sure that all 4 corners of the identification page are shown in the picture (see passport example below).
- Glares, shadows, reflections, holograms
Please make sure that the page with your information shows as minimum glare as possible, as glares can make it hard to recognize the text of the document. Poor light, shadows as well as direct light sources can also make the text difficult to recognize.
Make sure that none of the above also covers your own photo on the identity document, as it may make it difficult to further proceed with the Face Match check.
- Fingers or other objects
Make sure you are not covering any text or your face picture on your Identity Document with your fingers or other objects.
- Document is expired
An expired document cannot be accepted. Make sure you are submitting a valid document.
- Scans or pictures of monitor
Make sure that your Identity Document picture is a live picture of physical document.
- Make sure you are choosing a correct category for your document. For example, Driver's license uploaded to National ID card section will be rejected.
- Intra-country (domestic) documents. Some countries (e.g. Russia, Ukraine), have their own internal Passports that are accepted locally, but are not internationally recognized passports. Such documents shall be considered as "national identity documents"
- In case your device can not focus on your Identity Document, please try to clear the cache, data and permissions and try again.
- In case our system can not read your Identity Document or fail to read the back side of your Identity Document, please try to take both photos as front side of your Identity Document/ Driving License instead.
If you are experiencing some issues with your Camera when using our Web Application, please make sure that you have enabled the camera in your Windows Settings and set necessary Camera Permissions for the browser you are using.
Windows settings [Windows 10]
Open your windows settings.
Go to the Privacy section and open the “Camera” tab. Make sure that:
- Camera access for this device is ON
- Apps are allowed to access your camera
- Desktop apps are allowed to access your camera:
- Make sure that the browser you use is listed here
Some Laptops have a Camera quick ON/OFF key located on the keyboard. Make sure to check this your camera is not turned off by this feature as well.
Please check one of the following articles, depending on the browser you use:
Open your Shields panel in the address bar and change the "Fingerprinting" setting to "All fingerprinting attempts allowed" and let the page refresh. Then check the camera again.
(Blockpass checks if a camera is available in the device, Brave Browser considers this action as fingerprinting and blocks it by default)
KYC Connect Dashboard
KYC Connect Console Configuration and Administration
KYC Verification tips
Web ID FAQs
Mobile App FAQs
- Migrate your Blockpass account to the new mobile application
- Taking a Screenshot of the Blockpass app
- Applying to a Third Party Service
- An element of my Identity was rejected. What should I do?
- How do I start with the mobile app?
- I have finished creating my Blockpass identity. Now, how can I use it?