Backup first. It’s important.
[RESTORING ONLY WORKS FOR THE MOBILE APPLICATION. WEB-BASED IDENTITY CAN'T BE TRANSFERRED TO THE MOBILE APP]
You will be prompted to backup your Identity profile immediately after creating your Blockpass Identity. You will also be prompted to backup your profile after each and any change, such as uploading a new selfie picture or utility bill, or receiving a new certificate.
Regardless of the type of change, backing up your profile is important, as it is the only way to restore it if you lost or changed your phone, or simply decided to re-install the app.
When you click the "Backup" button, all the personal data stored on your mobile phone is compiled and encrypted in a binary file. Only your password can decrypt this file.
You can save your backup file to iCloud, Google Drive (or other file storage services) or simply send it via email.
To recover your Identity, you will need a Blockpass app and your backup file.
You can download the app here:
- Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.blockpass_mobile
- iOS : https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/blockpass/id1322917010?ls=1&mt=8
Once downloaded, launch the app and follow these steps:
- Select "RESTORE FROM BACKUP"
- Enter the email address that was linked to your identity and click “VERIFY”
- You will need to verify that you can still receive emails from this address. A 6-digit passcode will be sent to that e-mail address
- Input this passcode and click “VERIFY”
- Once your email has been verified, click “SELECT FILE”
- Choose your backup file and click “UPLOAD”
- Type your password to decrypt your data and recover your identity. You will need to use your old password for this last step.