When you are using Blockpass, your document is being checked twice. First time is when you scan it in order to extract your personal information (name, surname, dob etc). Second time is when your document is being verified by AI for authenticity.
In order to complete both checks, we require a high quality picture of your Identity Document (passport, national identity card or driving license).
We strongly recommend using a smartphone when taking a picture of your Identity Document. If you are using our Web application on your laptop, you can click on the button "EMAIL ME A LINK". You will receive a link to your email address, and will be able to easily continue on your Smartphone by opening up that link.
Taking a picture that meets our requirements may sometimes be complicated, we know... So here are a few tips to help you through this process:
- Image is cropped
Makes sure that all 4 corners of the identification page are shown in the picture (see passport example below).
- Glares, shadows, reflections, holograms
Please make sure that the page with your info shows as minimum glare as possible, as glares can make it hard or impossible to recognize the text of the document. Poor light, shadows as well as direct light sources can also make the text impossible to recognize.
Make sure that none of the above also covers your own photo on the identity document, as it may make it impossible to further proceed with the Face Match check.
- Fingers or other objects
Make sure you are not covering any text or your face picture on your Identity Document with your fingers or other objects.
- Document is expired
Expired document cannot be accepted. Make sure you are submitting a valid document.
- Scans or pictures of monitor
Make sure that your Identity Document picture must be a live picture of physical document.
- Make sure you are choosing a correct category for your document. For example, Driver's license uploaded to National ID card section will be rejected.
- Intra-country (domestic) documents. Some countries (e.g. Russia, Ukraine), have their own internal Passports that are accepted locally, but are not internationally recognized passports. Such documents shall be considered as "national identity documents"
- In cases your devices can not focus on your Identity Document, please try to clear cache, data and permissions and try again.
- In cases our system can not read your Identity Document or fail to read the back side of your Identity Document, please try to take both photos as front side of your Identity Document/ Driving License