For this verification to work seamlessly, your face should be entirely visible in the photo.
Here are some tips for taking a good photo:
- Your phone might use a mirror function by default. Make sure that the passport in the picture is not flipped.
- Make sure that the camera focuses on your face.
- Don’t stay too far away from your camera; make sure your face can be seen in full size and in detail.
- Make sure there is enough light in the room. Taking a picture in the dark will result in a bad quality image and your selfie will most likely be rejected.
- Avoid using/wearing accessories such as glasses, scarfs, unless the same accessories are seen in your passport picture.