Blockpass application uses an OCR (Optical Character Recognition) technology to extract data from your Identification documents.
This means that when you are taking a picture of your Passport with Blockpass app, it will extract all Machine Readable data from the document and fill in required fields, such as your Given Name, Family Name and Date of Birth, with the data extracted from the document.
If you changed your Given Name or Family Name after your Identity Document (ID) was scanned, this could result in your Given Name or Family Name being rejected by certain Verifiers (Passport Authentication by Onfido or Sanctions and PEP lists check by ComplyAdvantage).
Tips for correct Given Name or Family Name:
- Given name in some countries is also known as First name or simply Name
- Family name may also be referred to as Last name or Surname
- Make sure you full name is specified:
- Given name field must include all (if multiple) given names, as well as middle name if used
- Family name field must include all (if multiple) family names
- Every time you scan a document, it will replace previous Given Name/Family Name values with the values extracted from the document
- It is common in some Countries to not use Given Names or Family names. If that is the case, please specify N/A in the field that is not used (note that our OCR scan may do that for you in certain cases)
- N/A means not available
Other country-specific tips:
- In the Chinese name 毛泽东 (Mao Ze Dong) the family name is Mao, i.e. the first name when reading (left to right). The given name is Dong
- In Vietnam, names such as Nguyễn Tấn Dũng follow the order Family Name - Middle Name - Given Name
- In USA, it is quite common to only have initials of your Middle name in your Identity Document (e.g. John J Johnson). In this case, the "J" initial shall be specified in the Given Name field
- In Philippines, the same middle initial would be considered a part of a Family Name (it represents the mother's name before marriage)
- Some countries, like Malaysia, may have a different passport format and may specify both Given Name(s) and Family Name(s) into one single line - Full Name. Depending on the MRZ format of the passport your Full Name may be scanned into Family Name (s) field or Given Name(s) field.
- In such case, please make sure you specify "N/A" in the unused field.