Blockpass application uses an OCR (Optical Character Recognition) technology to extract data from your Identification documents.
This means that when you are taking a picture of your Passport with Blockpass app, it will extract all Machine Readable data from the document and fill in required fields, such as your Given Name, Family Name and Date of Birth, with the data extracted from the document.
If you changed your Given Name or Family Name after your Identity Document (ID) was scanned, this could result in your Given Name or Family Name being rejected by certain Verifiers (Passport Authentication by Onfido or Sanctions and PEP lists check by ComplyAdvantage).
Tips for correct Given Name or Family Name:
- Don’t change these fields after your ID was scanned
- If you input your Name manually, make sure you input your FULL Given Name and Family Name, including your second/middle name(s) or second/middle Family Name(s)
- It is common in some Countries to not use Given Names or Family names. If that is the case, please specify N/A in the field that is not used (note that our OCR scan will do that for you)
- Some countries have a slightly different Passport MRZ standard (e.g. Malaysia), There is no '<<' to isolate what is technically a 'Family Name' from the 'Given Name'. In such cases, both your Given Name and Family Name may be scanned as then specified as a Family Name in the app, while your GIven Name field will specify “N/A”.
- If you decide to leave this like that, it won’t affect the result of Certificates issued by Verifiers
- You are invited to correct your Given Name and Family Name fields if such case occurs