To create your Identity profile, start by installing our mobile application on your phone. The Blockpass Mobile App is available for download at both the Android and Apple stores.
- iPhone (iOS):
ACCOUNT LOGIN/ REGISTER
Once downloaded and installed, follow these steps to get started:
If you already have a WebID account, please use that email address to log in to the Mobile app. Then you can migrate your account from WebID to the Mobile app by reading this article for more details: https://help.blockpass.org/hc/en-us/articles/9585030735897-Migrate-your-account-from-web-to-mobile
If you are a new user of the mobile app, follow these steps:
- Enter a valid email address and tap "Start."
- Check your email inbox to receive your 6-digit confirmation code.
- Enter your received 6-digit confirmation code into the below box correctly.
- Set your password. Remember, if you LOSE your password - YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO ACCESS YOUR INDENTITY.
BUILD IDENTITY PROFILE
Now that you have set up the app, you can start building your Identity profile within the app
- Tap the menu on the left and click on “Your Identity"
There are three sections requiring you to complete
1. Identity documents
- Choose "Passport/ National ID or Driving License" then take a picture of your Identity document (ID) as this will permit the app to automatically extract your data from the ID
2. Personal info
- Once you capture an image of your ID and extract the relevant information, your Given Name, Family Name, and Date of Birth are automatically populated in the Personal Information section. If you notice any inaccuracies, you can easily correct them.
- Enter your phone number and residential address
3. Crypto addresses
You are required to connect your wallet every time you submit your profile to a service that collects the wallet address of users. Therefore, you can connect the wallet later in the KYC submission process.
Note that each service has its own KYC requirements, so when you register for a service, you may need to update your profile based on their KYC requirements.
REGISTER FOR A SERVICE
You can register for a service either by scanning the QR code of the service or directly launching the app
- Click on the KYC button/ link then tap "Verify with Blockpass"
- Press "Start"
- DO NOT enter your email, tap "Blockpass mobile app"
- Tap "Continue with the mobile app" A QR code will appear.
- If you are accessing the KYC link/button on your desktop, open your mobile app and tap 'Scan' to scan the QR code displayed on your desktop screen then start your registration
- If you are accessing the KYC link/button on your mobile device, simply click on 'Launch the app to register', and you will be redirected to the app where you can begin the registration process.
Important tip: Don’t forget to save a backup copy of your Identity. You can read more about backing up your Identity here: https://help.blockpass.org/hc/en-us/articles/360021931194-Backing-up-and-Recovering-Blockpass-Identity.