Archiving Inactive Web Accounts
To enhance the security of our platform, we have introduced a new policy regarding inactive web accounts. User data associated with accounts that have no activity regarding updating profiles, or registering for a new service in the past three months, will be archived. However, users can still log in to view the status of previous submissions. When making a new submission, users will need to re-upload and update personal data.
This proactive approach is aligned with effective data management, minimizing potential security risks associated with inactive accounts.
As part of this update, we strongly encourage users to transition to our Mobile App for a more secure and convenient experience. Migrating to the Mobile App is a straightforward process, and you can find detailed steps below:
Instruction of migration
If you presently maintain a web Identity account, Blockpass highly recommends that you establish a password for your identity account and shift your account from webID to the mobile application.
It is essential to take proactive measures to transfer your Blockpass account from the web to the secure enclave of your personal mobile device.
*IMPORTANT: Create a backup file after the migration to prevent any potential data loss.
On your mobile phone
- Download the Blockpass mobile application to your mobile device from the following links:
- Blockpass ID on the App Store: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/blockpass-id/id1592260586
- Blockpass ID on Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?
- Open the application to ensure it is installed correctly.
Do not enter your email address at this stage and close the Blockpass mobile application.
On the web browser
- Visit https://identity.blockpass.org
- Log in using the email address you used to register with Blockpass.
- A magic link will be sent to your email address. Click on the magic link in the email. Or, input your password if you have already secured your account with one.
- Locate the menu icon at the top right corner, or scroll down to the end of the web page.
- Click on the "Migrate to Mobile app" entry in the menu.
- In the new screen, click on "Start Migration."
- If you haven't created a password for your account yet, you will be prompted to do so. Follow these steps:
- Input a strong password.
- Confirm the password.
- Click on "Continue."
- In the subsequent screen, you will see a QR code along with a pin code below. Click the eye icon to reveal or conceal the pin code.
On the Blockpass mobile application
Use your phone's camera to scan the QR code displayed in step (8), or alternatively, open the email that Blockpass has sent to your mobile device and click the provided link.
The Blockpass mobile app should open automatically.
Input the pin code that was displayed in step (8) and click 'Continue'
- Wait for your profile to be downloaded locally.
- Once your profile is installed, input your password.
- The migration process is now complete.
Your account is securely stored on your mobile device 🎉.
Create a backup file
- Right after you finish the account migration, you are introduced to the Auto Backup, click 'Enable Auto-backup.'
Or, on the mobile application, locate the menu icon at the top left corner and select 'Backup'
- There are two options to back up your data.
Click on "Auto backup (recommended)" as displayed in the image from step 2.
Select the Google account where you'd like to store the backup file.
- Set up a PIN code and Enter a PIN code
You have now successfully created a backup file for your account.
Please note that the backup file may take some time to appear in the selected location. Additionally, whenever you update your profile, ensure that the app is not turned off in the background to enable automatic updates to the backup file.
Export manual backup file
Click on the second option displayed on the backup page, which is 'Export manual backup file.'
Set up a PIN code and enter your chosen PIN code.
Choose a location where you wish to save the backup file. For instance, you can opt to save the backup file on Drive.
Click 'SAVE' to finalize the process.
By following these steps, you will successfully create a manual backup file for your data.