Why do I need to sign a message?
By signing a message with your wallet, you can verify that you are the rightful owner of that wallet, similar to how Metamask functions.
How can I install and log in to Coinbase?
I want to install Coinbase on my PC
To get started, download and install Coinbase on your PC. You can download the Coinbase wallet using this link: https://www.coinbase.com/wallet/downloads.
I want to install Coinbase on my mobile device
You can access the following links on your mobile phone:
- For Apple devices, download the app using this link: https://apps.apple.com/vn/app/coinbase-wallet-nfts-crypto/id1278383455?l=vi
- For Android devices, download the app using this link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.toshi
Alternatively, you can search for "Coinbase wallet" on the Google Play Store or the App Store and download and install the app directly from there.
I don't have a wallet, how can I create one?
If you already have a wallet address, simply login to begin signing messages. If you don't have a wallet address yet, follow these steps to create one:
- Click 'Create new wallet' and you'll be taken to a page where you can back up your wallet. On this page, you'll see a 12-word phrase. Remember to keep this phrase secure and not share it with anyone.
Click 'I understand...' and then click 'Submit' to proceed to the next step.
Select the first and last words of the phrase you received in the previous step, and then click 'Submit'.
Set a password to unlock your wallet each time you use it on your computer.
Start registration - Connect Coinbase wallet
Start your registration by following these steps:
1. Click on the Verify With Blockpass button provided by the Business
- Add your email
- Receive a magic link via email and click on 'Continue registration'
- Add your identity document to be able to add your crypto address. There are three sections requiring you to complete
- Identity documents: Choose "Passport/ National ID or Driving License" then take a picture of your Identity document (ID) as this will permit the app to automatically extract your data from the ID
- Updating personal info: Once you capture an image of your ID and extract the relevant information, your Given Name, Family Name, and Date of Birth are automatically populated in the Personal Information section. If you notice any inaccuracies, you can easily correct them.
- Enter your phone number and residential address
- Crypto addresses: Then, click on 'Crypto address' (in the example below, “Ethereum Address”) and choose "Coinbase"
How to prove ownership of my wallet using Blockpass Web ID?
There are two options for updating your Coinbase wallet:
1. Web browser on desktop connects wallet installed on a desktop (Coinbase wallet extension)
- Add-on Coinbase wallet
If you have already owned a wallet address, you could log in and prepare for signing messages.
Or you are requested to create a wallet (the same action on the Coinbase wallet app), and you input a password to unblock.
After unlocking, you will be moved to a tab to connect the wallet. Then the process is the same with the mobile app: choosing wallet address ⇒ signing message ⇒ saving signature.
2. Web browser on desktop connects wallet installed on mobile.
- Scanning QR code on Mobile app
You need to tap "Coinbase" and scan the QR code that appears on your screen. Note that Blockpass only supports the "Coinbase Wallet App", so if you have Coinbase installed in your web browser, remember to turn off the "Coinbase wallet extension" before scanning the QR code.
Now you can use your phone to scan the QR code on the service:
After scanning the QR code, this message will be shown on your mobile app, please tap “Done”. Then, you will press “Sign a message” on the PC.
Later, a signature request will be sent to the mobile app, users tap “Sign”, then a signature will be sent back to the PC, and users need to press “SAVE” to complete the process.
How to prove ownership of my wallet using Blockpass Mobile app?
Coinbase wallet has not been supported on the Blockpass Mobile app and Web browsers on mobile.
Changing the network is required if the submitted address is not ETH
In the Coinbase wallet, if you are required to submit a wallet that is not an ETH address, you will get a message to change the network. These steps are suitable for others.
For instance: You intend to submit a Binance wallet address.
The steps to sign a message with a BNB wallet are totally the same as an ETH wallet. However, you will get the following issue:
And the method is to change the network. The steps to change the network are as below:
Step 1: In the main display, you tap “Setting”, then choose “Add and manage wallet”
Step 2: Choose the wallet that you would like to change network, then tap “Dapp connections”
Step 3: Tap “Blockpass Web Identity” and choose “Switch network”
Step 4: Choose “BNB (Binance Smart) Chain to complete the process.
When you have completed the network change, the process is the same with the mobile app: Choose wallet address ⇒ Sign a message ⇒ Save Signature.