Blockpass is constantly working on improving the quality of its services and products and is working towards increasing the range of accepted documents. If you would like to see some additional documents in this list - feel free to shout out to email@example.com and we’ll register your request.
We shall accept and process any international passport that has all the standard features, such as, but not limited to:
- MRZ strip
- A photographic picture of passport's holder
For plastic card passports please use National Identity Card section.
List of supported countries
|Name||Passport||National ID||Driving License|
|Antigua and Barbuda||✅||✅||✅|
|Bolivia (Plurinational State of)||✅||✅||✅|
|Bonaire, Sint Eustatius and Saba||❌||✅||✅|
|Bosnia and Herzegovina||✅||✅||✅|
|Cayman Islands (the)||✅||❌||✅|
|Central African Republic (the)||✅||✅||✅|
|Congo (the Democratic Republic of the)||✅||❌||✅|
|Cook Islands (the)||❌||❌||✅|
|Dominican Republic (the)||✅||✅||✅|
|Faroe Islands (the)||❌||❌||✅|
|Holy See (the)||✅||❌||✅|
|Iran (Islamic Republic of)||✅||✅||✅|
|Isle of Man||❌||❌||✅|
|Korea (the Democratic People's Republic of)||✅||❌||❌|
|Korea (the Republic of)||✅||✅||✅|
|Lao People's Democratic Republic (the)||✅||✅||✅|
|Marshall Islands (the)||✅||✅||✅|
|Micronesia (Federated States of)||✅||✅||✅|
|Moldova (the Republic of)||✅||✅||✅|
|Northern Mariana Islands (the)||❌||❌||✅|
|Palestine, State of||✅||✅||✅|
|Papua New Guinea||✅||✅||✅|
|Republic of North Macedonia||✅||✅||✅|
|Russian Federation (the)||✅||✅||✅|
|Saint Helena, Ascension and Tristan da Cunha||✅||❌||❌|
|Saint Kitts and Nevis||✅||✅||✅|
|Saint Martin (French part)||❌||✅||✅|
|Saint Vincent and the Grenadines||✅||✅||✅|
|Sao Tome and Principe||✅||✅||✅|
|Sint Maarten (Dutch part)||❌||✅||✅|
|Syrian Arab Republic||✅||✅||✅|
|Taiwan (Province of China)||✅||✅||✅|
|Tanzania, United Republic of||✅||✅||✅|
|Trinidad and Tobago||✅||✅||✅|
|Turks and Caicos Islands (the)||✅||✅||✅|
|United Arab Emirates (the)||✅||✅||✅|
|United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland (the)||✅||✅||✅|
|United States of America (the)||✅||✅||✅|
|Venezuela (Bolivarian Republic of)||✅||✅||✅|
|Virgin Islands (British)||✅||❌||✅|
|Virgin Islands (U.S.)||❌||✅||✅|
Blockpass application uses an OCR (Optical Character Recognition) technology to extract data from your Identification documents.
This means that when you are taking a picture of your Passport with the Blockpass app, it will extract all Machine Readable data from the document and fill in required fields, such as your Given Name, Family Name and Date of Birth, with the data extracted from the document.
If you changed your Given Name or Family Name after your Identity Document (ID) was scanned, this could result in your Given Name or Family Name being rejected by the service.
Tips for correct Given Name or Family Name:
- Given name in some countries is also known as First name or simply Name
- Family name may also be referred to as Last name or Surname
- Make sure your full name is specified:
- Given name field must include all (if multiple) Given names, as well as Middle names if used
- Family name field must include all (if multiple) Family names
- Every time you scan a document, it will replace the previous Given Name/Family Name values with the values extracted from the document.
- It is common in some Countries to not use Given Names or Family names. If that is the case, please specify N/A in the field that is not used (note that our OCR scan may do that for you in certain cases)
- N/A means not available
Other country-specific tips:
- In the Chinese name 毛泽东 (Mao Ze Dong), the Family name is Mao, i.e. the First name when reading (left to right). The given name is Ze Dong.
- In Vietnam, names such as Nguyễn Tấn Dũng follow the order Family Name - Middle Name - Given Name. The Family Name is Nguyễn, and the Given Name is Tấn Dũng.
- In the USA, it is quite common to only have the initials of your Middle name in your Identity Document (e.g. John J Johnson). In this case, the "J" initial shall be specified in the Given Name field.
- In the Philippines, the same middle initial would be considered a part of a Family Name (it represents the mother's name before marriage).
- Some countries, like Malaysia, may have a different passport format and may specify both Given Name(s) and Family Name(s) into one single line - Full Name. Depending on the MRZ format of the passport, your Full Name may be scanned into the Family Name (s) field or the Given Name(s) field.
- In such a case, please make sure you specify "N/A" in the unused field.
- In such a case, please make sure you specify "N/A" in the unused field.
Guide on name format:
Please put ‘N/A’ in the Family Name or Given Name field if it is not applicable
|Ethnicity||Particular case (if available)||Family Name (FN)/ Last Name/ Surname||Given Name (GN)/ First Name||Example|
Chinese/ Taiwanese/ HongKong
|Normal name||1st word||Remaining word(s)||Chen Xiao-ling
Family name: Chen
Given Name: Xiao-Ling
|Name including Christian name||1st word after Christian name||Remaining word(s)||Denise Foo Li Leen
Family name: Foo
Given name: Denise, Li Leen
|Malaysian||Remaining word(s)||1st word||Washil Al Ahdab
Family name: Al Ahdab
Given name: Washil
|Japanese||1st word||Remaining word(s)||坂本冬美 (Sakamoto Fuyumi)
Family name: 坂本/Sakamoto
Given name: 冬美/Fuyumi
|Vietnamese||1st word||Remaining word(s)||Nguyen Gia An
Family name: Nguyen
Given name: Gia An
|Remaining word(s)||1st word||Vidya Tripathi
Family name: Tripathi
Given name: Vidya
|Words after “S/O or D/O”||Words before “S/O or D/O”||
Ishaan S/O Duttagupta
|Name includes only 1 word/ 2 or more words but does not include FN/Surname||N/A||Full name||Sukarno
Family name: N/A
Given name: Sukano
|Name including GN/Surname||1st word||Remaining word(s)||Abul Haris Nasution
Family name: Nasution
Given name: Abul Haris
|Name includes only 1 word||Name||N/A||Bakar
Family name: Bakar
Given name: N/A
|Name includes 2 words||1st word/ Full name||Remaining word(s)/ N/A||Md Ershad
(1) Family name: Ershad
Given name: Md
(2) Family name: Md Ershad
Given name: N/A
|Name includes 3 words||1st word/ 2 first words||Remaining word(s)||Md Ali Ershad
(1) Family name: Ershad
Given name: Md Ali
(2) Family name: Ali Ershad
Given name: Md
|Name includes 4 words||1st word/2 or 3 first words||Remaining word(s)||Md Ali Ershad Siddique
(1) Family name: Siddique
Given name: Md Ali Ershad
(2) Family name: Ershad Siddique
Given name: Md Ali
(3) Family name: Ali Ershad Siddique
Given name: Md
|Others (USA, GBR, etc)||Remaining word(s)||1st word||Maggie Smith
Family name: Smith
Given name: Maggie
Types of accepted documents:
- Utility bill linked to the residential property, such as gas, electricity, water, internet, landline telephone
- Mobile phone bill
- Bank statement (current account, card)
- Credit card statements
- Statement from known regulated financial institution
- Bank reference letter
- Government issued document (e.g. tax return or any other government issued document including identity document) if valid
The requirements for above documents are as follows:
- Document must be issued within last 3 months (the exception to this is a government issued ID document)
- Document must show who the issuer is of the proof of address document
- Document must be issued in your name
- Document must show an address you are trying to verify
Other points to note:
- Documents that are edited/tampered will not be accepted (however you are free to redact transactionally confidential information such as transaction data from for e.g. a bank statement).
- Screenshots or photo of your computer screen monitor are accepted if readable.
- The picture of the document must show clearly all required information (Name, address, issue date and issuer of the proof of address).
- Do not worry if the image is a bit blurry as long as it is readable.
- If an ID document is provided as proof of address this will only be accepted if different to the Identity Document used for National ID/ Passport or Driving License Verification.
- Correspondence as a form of proof of address is not accepted.
- Handwritten documents are not accepted.
Language of the document. We will accept most languages in Cyrillic and Latin characters. Additionally, we accept documents in Chinese, Vietnamese and Japanese. Please only write in English your address in the input provided and ensure the translation is accurate before submitting. However please note any non-English languages may take longer to process and we may request you to re-submit certain details in native script for comparison purposes. Further, any errors in submission will delay the process.
Supported file formats
The proof of address must be an image .jpg or .png with a size less than 15MB
If your submitted document does not meet all above requirements, we will reject Proof of address and you need to re-submit another valid one. Therefore, please provide a document that meets all the above requirements.
Above are the Proof of Address requirements of Blockpass. It may be the case that the Business you are submitting your data to has other requirements that may apply. However, if the Business has accepted Blockpass rules for KYC then the following will apply.
When you are using Blockpass, your document is being checked twice. First time is when you scan it in order to extract your personal information (name, surname, date of birth, etc). Second time is when your document is being verified by our AI for authenticity.
In order to complete both checks, we require a high quality live picture of your Identity Document (passport, national identity card or driving license).
We strongly recommend using a smartphone when taking a picture of your Identity Document. If you are using our Web application on your laptop, you can click on the button "EMAIL ME A LINK". You will receive a link to your email address, and will be able to easily continue on your Smartphone by opening up that link.
Taking a picture that meets our requirements may sometimes be complicated, we know... So here are a few tips to help you through this process:
- Option to upload your ID document to Blockpass
Blockpass will not accept nor tolerate any attempts to upload your ID document to Blockpass. You will not be able to upload any ID document to Blockpass other than taking a LIVE picture of your ID document
- Image is cropped
Make sure that all 4 corners of the identification page are shown in the picture (see passport example below).
- Glares, shadows, reflections, holograms
Please make sure that the page with your information shows as minimum glare as possible, as glares can make it hard to recognize the text of the document. Poor light, shadows as well as direct light sources can also make the text difficult to recognize.
Make sure that none of the above also covers your own photo on the identity document, as it may make it difficult to further proceed with the Face Match check.
- Fingers or other objects
Make sure you are not covering any text or your face picture on your Identity Document with your fingers or other objects.
- Document is expired
An expired document cannot be accepted. Make sure you are submitting a valid document.
- Scans or pictures of monitor
Make sure that your Identity Document picture is a live picture of physical document.
- Make sure you are choosing a correct category for your document. For example, Driver's license uploaded to National ID card section will be rejected.
- Intra-country (domestic) documents. Some countries (e.g. Russia, Ukraine), have their own internal Passports that are accepted locally, but are not internationally recognized passports. Such documents shall be considered as "national identity documents"
- In case your device can not focus on your Identity Document, please try to clear the cache, data and permissions and try again.
- In case our system can not read your Identity Document or fail to read the back side of your Identity Document, please try to take both photos as front side of your Identity Document/ Driving License instead.
You will need to access https://identity.blockpass.org by any web browser to start creating your Identity account and profile.
Once you access our website, you can start creating your identity account. Here are the quick steps to get you started:
1. Specify a valid e-mail address, then tap "CONTINUE.”
2. Check your inbox or spam/bulk folders and click the link in the email to continue. Note that the magic link will expire after a period of time. If the link expires you will have to redo step 1 again.
3. Click “CONTINUE REGISTRATION”
4. You will receive a notification to set a password for your account, please click on it.
5. Set your password here.
6. For your account to be better protected, we recommend enabling two-factor authentication by clicking Turn On. For more information, you can refer to this article.
7. Get back to https://identity.blockpass.org to log in and submit your profile with any service you wish to onboard by clicking Go To Marketplace or start your KYC process via the KYC link provided by our Partners.
8. After selecting the service you want to submit the profile, choose START REGISTRATION.
To use this service, you must provide personal information as part of the Know Your Customer (KYC) process. It's important to understand that each business has its unique restrictions and rules, and Blockpass does not control them. If you need more information, please visit this article.
Selfie identity verification is a way to confirm who you are by taking a live picture of yourself. This process may also be called selfie authentication or face match check.
Face Match is one of the mandatory checks to complete the verification with Blockpass. We have introduced a new feature called Selfie Liveness to enhance the quality of the KYC verification process. This feature makes it easy for you - the user - to prove that you are the true owner of the identity account you are using to submit information to Blockpass.
When you submit your KYC (Know Your Customer) information to Blockpass, you will need to complete the selfie liveness step. This involves looking at a camera and following the system's instructions to perform certain movements.
How to use selfie liveness?
During the KYC process, you will need to provide all the documents the service requires for identification. The service will ask you to take selfies, and you should follow these steps:
1. Click the Selfie section
2. Select CONTINUE
3. You will need to take three selfies from three different angles. The system will take the picture automatically after about three seconds if you turn your head correctly according to the system's instructions. You will know the image is captured each time you hear the camera sound.
- Front selfie
For the front selfie, make sure your head is within the frame and that only one person is visible.
- Left selfie
For the left selfie, position your head within the frame, slowly turn it to the left at about a 30-degree angle and hold for 3 seconds
- Right selfie
For the right selfie, position your head within the frame, slowly turn it to the right at about a 30-degree angle and hold for 3 seconds
To view the tutorial, you can click on the question mark "?" in the bottom right-hand corner.
4. After taking all three selfies, select 'Save' to submit them or 'Retry' to re-take other selfie images.
- Blockpass KYC Connect Onboarding Guide
- Enterprise Plan - Getting Started with Blockpass: A Simple Guide for Customers
- Service Expansion: Adding and Assigning New Companies with Blockpass
- Overview about the Blockpass Service Plans and Support
- How to update Company's information and the payment method - bank card?
- Pay-as-you-go Plan - Getting Started with Blockpass: A Simple Guide for Customers
KYC Connect Dashboard
KYC Connect Console Configuration and Administration
KYC Verification tips
Web ID FAQs
Mobile App FAQs
- Migrate your Blockpass mobile application account to the new version
- Taking a Screenshot of the Blockpass app
- Applying to a Third Party Service
- [Mobile App] An element of my Identity was rejected. What should I do?
- How do I start with the mobile app?
- I have finished creating my Blockpass identity. Now, how can I use it?